VIP helpdesk query filling recommendations
Efficiency is the ability to avoid wasting materials, energy, efforts, money and time in doing something or in producing a desired result. Technical support department desired result is a qualitatively resolved query, which leads to Your satisfaction.
This guide explains what information helps to answer queries more efficiently and how it accelerates the process of solving any questions you might have. Instead of spending time searching for the details required to solve a query we are able to jump straightly to identification of the issue.
In the next page you can find a table with needed information in Query and instructions on how to gather that information.
- Device: TMT250/TST100/GH5200/TAT100 etc.;
- Configuration: Attach configuration file
- Firmware version: 55.XX.YY.Rev.ZZ / 03.25.05.Rev.XX
- Status information: responses to relevant SMS/GPRS commands
NOTE: You may provide IMEI number of 1-3 devices with the issue.
Repeating: Often/Randomly/Everyday/There is a pattern/Under certain conditions;
NOTE: If the Repeating is specified as “Under certain conditions”– describe the conditions.
- Log files - Provide live information when the issue is happening. Log files can be taken via configurator.
- Dump files - Provide files that the device logged automatically. You have to make sure to take them from FOTA WEB or configurator.
Needed information in Query
|Information||How to get it||Why we need it||Example|
|Device information||This information has to be gathered from your platform or your system which monitors devices||It will help to understand the scale of the issue and also find the cause more quickly by finding the connection between affected devices.||Number and model of affected device:|
2 devices of TFT100
|Firmware version||SMS command
|The firmware version will allow us to analyze if the said issue was not already fixed in a newer firmware version.||Firmware: 55.00.07.Rev.02|
|Configuration||Configuration can be downloaded directly from device through FOTA WEB or Configurator||The configuration used on the device allows us to analyze if the issue is not caused by improperly configured settings or features.||Attach the device configuration to Query.|
|How to repeat the issue||Monitor the devices on the server and provide information, under which conditions issue occurs.||It will help the engineer better understand the conditions and how to repeat it personally, which will lead to a faster solution.||Device goes into Deep Sleep, when device wakes up from Accelerometer, event (Movement AVL I/O ID 240) is not sent to server.|
|Log files||It can be taken via Configurator's Maintenance tab or via Terminal||The logs allow the engineers to provide you with initial insights into your issue with first response.||Attach the taken Log file to Query.|
|Dump files||You have to make sure to take them from Configurator Maintenance tab or FOTA WEB after issue happened. Please take them not more than 2 or 3 hours after the issue otherwise device overwrites those files.||The dump files allow the engineers to provide you with initial insights into your issue with first response.||Attach the taken Dump files from FOTA WEB or Configurator to Query.|
|Status information||SMS/GPRS commands such as getinfo, getver, getstatus can be used to provide valuable information||Depending on the issue, Status information will allow us to analyze the issue more quickly and possibly provide a solution immediately.||SMS responses to getver from device:
If you cannot gather information from one of above steps, it can be skipped, however, please inform the engineer in the Query.
How to get LOG/DUMP files?
Follow these quick steps to get all the necessary debug information in just over 10 minutes.
If you correctly perform all the steps and describe the issue clearly there is a high chance that we can solve it on our first reply.
- Open configurator debug window: Open the configurator with the device connected to PC. Go to Status section -> Maintenance window.
- Take log files that are already stored in the device: Click "Dump" to take the information from the device containing logs from the past that device made automatically. If the issue happened 2-3 hours ago we will see it in these files.
- Note 2.1: If the device is installed in a vehicle and deployed in the field you can use FOTA WEB to download these files remotely.
- Make LOG file during/replicating the issue: If you want to repeat the issue now, you can use logging functionality accessed in the same window. Just start logging by clicking "Log" replicate the issue and when the log ends to attach it to the query. When logs are made they export your current configuration as well.
- Note 3.1: For example, you should send SMS during the logging period if you claim that your device is not receiving SMS.
- Note 3.2: For troubleshooting remote vehicles download DUMP files via FOTA and download them as soon as possible after replicating the issue.
- Find DUMP/LOG files: After the logging is done "Open directory" button in the configurator to find your DUMP, LOG, and CFG files.
- Taking configuration file separately: If you have not made a DUMP or log file in previous steps, export your configuration file by using the "Save to file" button.
- Note 5.1: In the GIF file is saved to the Documents folder for quick access by pressing the "Open directory" button in the configurator. You may choose a different save location.