TAT100 First Start
TAT100 is a device for asset tracking and additional protection against thefts of valuable goods, as well as it could be used in wide range of applications from tools tracking to container tracking.
Know your device
Set up your device
How to insert Micro SIM card and start the device
- Remove the cover.
- Insert Micro-SIM card as shown with PIN request disabled. Make sure that Micro-SIM card cut-off corner is pointing forward to slot and chip is facing USB port.
- Flip the switch to ON.
- Reattach the cover and push it in place.
|Micro-SIM card insertion/removal must be performed when device is turned off. Otherwise Micro-SIM card might be damaged or device will not detect it.|
PC Connection (Windows)
1. Remove the cover.
2. Turn on your device by flipping the switch to ON.
3. Connect device to computer using Micro-USB cable. You will need to install USB drivers, see “How to install USB drivers (Windows)” shown below.
4. You are now ready to use the device on your computer.
How to install USB drivers (Windows)
1. Please download COM port drivers from here.
2. Extract and run TeltonikaCOMDriver.exe.
3. Click Next in driver installation window.
4. In the following window click Install button. Setup will continue installing the driver and eventually the confirmation window will appear. Click Finish to complete the setup.
At first TAT100 device will have default factory settings set. These settings should be changed according to the user's needs.
Main configuration can be performed via Teltonika Configurator software. Configurator operates on Microsoft Windows OS and uses prerequisite MS .NET Framework. Make sure you have the correct version installed.
|MS .NET requirements|
|Operating system||MS .NET Framework version||Version||Link|
||MS .NET Framework 4.6.2||32 and 64 bit||www.microsoft.com|
Downloaded Configurator will be in compressed archive. Extract it and launch Configurator.exe. After launch software language can be changed by clicking in the right bottom corner:
Configuration process begins by pressing on connected device:
After connection to Configurator Status window will be displayed:
Various Status info tabs display information about GNSS, GSM, I/O, Maintenance and etc. TAT100 has one user editable profile, which can be loaded and saved to the device. After any modification of configuration the changes need to be saved to device using Save to device button. Main buttons offer following functionality:
- Load from device – loads configuration from device.
- Save to device – saves configuration to device.
- Load from file – loads configuration from file.
- Save to file – saves configuration to file.
- Update firmware – updates firmware on device.
- Read records – read records from device.
- Reboot device – restarts device.
- Reset configuration – sets device configuration to default.
Most important configurator sections are GPRS – where all your server and GPRS settings can be configured and Tracking – where data acquiring parameters can be configured. More details about TAT100 configuration using Configurator can be found here.
|IMPORTANT!||Visit 'Why TAT100 does not send data': Please visit here and 'Common configuration issues': Please visit here.|
Quick SMS configuration
Default configuration has optimal parameters present to ensure best performance of track quality and data usage.
Quickly set up your device by sending this SMS command to it:
" setparam 2001:APN;2002:APN_username;2003:APN_password;2004:Domain;2005:Port;2006:0"
- 2001 – APN
- 2002 – APN username (if there are no APN username, empty field should be left)
- 2003 – APN password (if there are no APN password, empty field should be left)
- 2004 – Domain
- 2005 – Port
- 2006 – Data sending protocol (0 – TCP, 1 – UDP)
Note: Before SMS text, two space symbols should be inserted.
After successful SMS configuration, TAT100 device will synchronize time and update records to configured server.
This message contains information on how to operate TAT100 safely. By following these requirements and recommendations, you will avoid dangerous situations. You must read these instructions carefully and follow them strictly before operating the device!